Did you know that Australians trust nurses more than any other profession and have done so for fifteen years? It comes as no surprise, nurses are highly educated, knowledgeable, empathetic and provide amazing care in people’s time of need under very stressful circumstances.
But nursing is hard work and it takes its toll over a forty year career. “Nurses back” runs rampant through the industry and it has been shown that healthcare works have 4.5 times as many back overexertion injuries than any other type of worker. We haven’t even talked about the stress, paperwork and worst of all, night and graveyard shifts.
Only those who have been nurses or who have a close relationship with nurses truly understand what you go through on a regular basis.
And on top of all of this, you have to sort out your finances as well?
Did you know that:
- The average registered nurse earns $65,000 per year. However this fluctuates wildly based on penalty rates and overtime
- Are able to salary package up to $15,900 per FBT year per employer, enabling you reduce your tax payable by over $5,355 per FBT year per employer? You can reduce
- Your personal insurance cover in super may not protect you in the event you are unable to work due to injury or illness as a nurse (especially if you suffer from nurses back)
- You are now able to choose any super account you choose? You are no longer limited by one or two super providers
While you are caring for everyday people in their time of need, who is caring for your financial situation?
That is where we come in!
We can help you
- Utilise your super to purchase your first home
- Understand superannuation and review the various options that are now available to you, enabling you to get the best deal on your super
- Protect your income in the event you are unable to work due to injury and illness in your occupation as a nurse
- Understand salary packaging and assist with implementation and paperwork, ensuring you reduce your tax and have more money in your pocket
- Assist with managing your cashflow to ensure you get a regular payment when your income fluctuates wildly from fortnight to fortnight
- Provide advice about managing your finances while on maternity leave
- Can meet with you around your night shifts!
Nurses should have their financial situations looked after as they do such an amazing job looking after us. At Master Your Money Now, we are proud to be a financial planning service of choice for nurses. If you are a nurse who wants a helping hand with their financial situation, go to www.masteryourmoneynow.com.au/getstarted and book in your complimentary 30 minute discussion with one of our team.
Disclaimer: This information is general information only. You should consider the appropriateness of this information with regards to your objectives, financial situation and needs.
Master Your Money Now Pty Ltd (ABN 65 627 229 681) is a Corporate Authorised Representative of Infocus Securities Australia Pty Ltd ABN 47 097 797 049 AFSL and Australian Credit Licence No. 236523