09 Dec Why There’s More To Life Insurance Than Just Money
Your Policy Schedule shows you the amount of money you’d be eligible to receive if you make a claim. But what it doesn’t show you is the extra support that may be available to you at claim time.
For example, some policies may give additional benefits and services including:
- Accommodation Benefit
If you’re stuck in hospital for medical treatment, you’ll want your loved ones close by. The Accommodation Benefit – typically available after eligible Trauma Cover, TPD Cover and Terminal Illness claims – reimburses up to approximately $500 per day for up to 30 days if an immediate family member travels more than 100km from their home to provide support.
- Financial Advice Benefit
Managing a large lump sum payment can be a source of financial stress, particularly when you’re focused on your health and family. To help you make the most of your insurance benefit, the Financial Advice Benefit can reimburse up to $2,000 of the adviser service fee for a financial plan when you receive a full Trauma Benefit, TPD Benefit or Terminal Illness Benefit.
- Spouse Retraining Benefit
This may be available if your TPD Cover policy has been in force for three years or more. This recognises the impact your total and permanent disability would have on your partner and may reimburse up to $10,000 of the cost of retraining your spouse to either obtain gainful employment, improve their employment prospects or improve the care they provide to you.
- Grief Support Program
If you pass away or are diagnosed with a terminal illness, counselling could play an important role in helping you and your family. A Grief Support Program can reimburse the cost of a professional counsellor for up to 6 hours.
- Rehabilitation services
To help income protection claimants make a successful and sustainable return to work, come policies offers a range of complimentary services that can be tailored to the individual. That may include:
- Building your resilience – Helping you engage the right allied health professional (e.g. social worker, psychologist, rehabilitation counsellor, occupational therapist or exercise physiologist) to help you manage adversity and move forward.
- Exploring your career options – Connecting you with a vocational specialist who can help you explore your career options, including potentially retraining to expand your choices or improving your job-seeking skill, if returning to work in the same job isn’t possible.
- Restarting or restructure your business – Connecting you with a business coach who can help you make a successful return to work, including restructuring or re-starting a new business if your previous business is no longer viable.
- Planning your return to work – Connecting you with a return to work specialist who can meet with you and your employer and develop a step-by-step plan to gradually increase your hours and duties, ensuring your role is safe and sustainable.
Master Your Money Now is a Corporate Authorised Representative of Infocus Securities Australia Pty Ltd ABN 47 097 797 049 AFSL No. 236523. Head Office: Level 2, Cnr Maroochydore Road & Evan Street Maroochydore QLD 4558 Phone: 07 5406 5000. And is an Authorised Credit Representative of Outsource Financial Pty LtdABN 42 131 090 705Australian Credit Licence No. 384324 Birkenhead Point Brand Outlet 19 Roseby St, Drummoyne NSW 2047. Infocus Securities Australia Pty LtdABN 47 097 797 049 AFSL and Australian Credit Licence No. 236523
Head Office: PO Box 1856 Sunshine Plaza QLD 4558 Phone: 07 5406 5000